Welcome to East AFRITAC
East AFRITAC is a collaborative venture between the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the recipient countries, and bilateral and multilateral donors. It originated from the IMF's response to African leaders call on the international community to increase technical assistance (TA) to Africa and focus it more sharply on capacity building.Click here to read more
East AFRITAC Sectors of Capacity Development
In line with the main priorities set for the work of the East AFRITAC by its Steering Committee, the Center's mandate includes the following areas:
- Revenue Policy and Administration
- Public Financial Management
- Financial Sector Regulation and Supervision
- Monetary Policy Operations
- Economic and Financial Statistics
- Government Finance Statistics
- Macro-Fiscal Analysis
IMF Extranet Login
- IFMIS Risks and Benefits
Tanzania – Oct, 2016
The workshop will discuss measures for improving the system support IFMIS provides to key Public Financial Management Processes…
- Developing a Compliance Risk Analysis Tool using a Matrix Model
Uganda – Oct, 2016
The objective of the workshop is to develop practical skills in Compliance Risk Analysis using the Construction sector as…
- Risk-Based Approach to AML/CFT Supervision
Zanzibar – Sep, 2016
East AFRITAC, in cooperation with the IMF Legal Department, has organized this regional workshop focusing on a Risk-Based…
- AFE 2016 Newsletter
- » Highlights of the June AFE newsletter report include a Country Corner with Mr. Paul Maganga, Associate Director, Financial Markets Department with the Bank of Tanzania.
- AFE May 2016 Newsletter
- » See what the Center has been working on for May and upcoming activities for June and July 2016.
- AFE April 2016 Newsletter
- » See what East AFRITAC has been up to for the month of April 2016.
- AFE March 2016 Newsletter
- » Highlights of this feature include a visit of the IMF Deputy Managing Director to the Center.