Welcome to East AFRITAC
East AFRITAC is a collaborative venture between the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the recipient countries, and bilateral and multilateral donors. It originated from the IMF's response to African leaders call on the international community to increase technical assistance (TA) to Africa and focus it more sharply on capacity building.Click here to read more
East AFRITAC Sectors of Capacity Development
In line with the main priorities set for the work of the East AFRITAC by its Steering Committee, the Center's mandate includes the following areas:
- Revenue Policy and Administration
- Public Financial Management
- Financial Sector Regulation and Supervision
- Monetary Policy Operations
- Economic and Financial Statistics
- Government Finance Statistics
- Macro-Fiscal Analysis
IMF Extranet Login
- Regional workshop on Risk Based AML/CFT supervision
Tanzania – Apr, 2015
Countries in the region have been working on the institutional and legal framework for AML/CFT supervision. Now that institutions…
- Workshop on Compliance with CPMI-IOSCO Principles for Financial Market Infrastructures
Zanzibar – Apr, 2015
The objective of the workshop is to provide capacity building beyond the basics on Compliance with CPMI-IOSCO Principles…
- Regional Training on Micro-Prudential Stress-Testing
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Jan, 2015
The training is a collaboration between IMF East AFRITAC and the Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern…
- AFE March 2015 Newsletter
- » The AFE Steering Committee meeting was held on March 30-31, 2015 in Uganda.
- AFE February 2015 Newsletter
- » Highlights include East AFRITAC’s Peer-to-Peer Learning Initiative Feedback.
- AFE January 2015 Newsletter
- Jan, 2015 » Highlights of this edition include a Country Corner profiling Mr. Ananias Gichondo and Mr. Mathias Karangwa from the National Bank of Rwanda who are involved in modeling and forecasting.
- AFE December 2014 Newsletter
- » Highlights for this issue include a donor debrief of its Steering Committee on its mid-year report.