Welcome to East AFRITAC
East AFRITAC is a collaborative venture between the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the recipient countries, and bilateral and multilateral donors. It originated from the IMF's response to African leaders call on the international community to increase technical assistance (TA) to Africa and focus it more sharply on capacity building.Click here to read more
East AFRITAC Sectors of Capacity Development
In line with the main priorities set for the work of the East AFRITAC by its Steering Committee, the Center's mandate includes the following areas:
- Revenue Policy and Administration
- Public Financial Management
- Financial Sector Regulation and Supervision
- Monetary Policy Operations
- Economic and Financial Statistics
- Government Finance Statistics
- Macro-Fiscal Analysis
IMF Extranet Login
- Regional Workshop on Bank Recovery & Resolution
Ethiopia – Nov, 2015
Topic: Regulatory Authorities and their Role in Bank Recovery & Resolution.
- Regional National Accounts Statistics Training Seminar
Arusha, Tanzania – Sep, 2015
The objective of the workshop is to equip young compilers with the relevant skill in terms of concepts, definition and standards…
- Regional Workshop on Harmonization of Government Finance Statistics
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania – Aug, 2015
The workshop is specifically aimed at experienced GFS and debt statistics compilers, and will focus on approving the first…
- AFE July 2015 Newsletter
- » The July newsletter includes highlights activities conducted in Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
- AFE June 2015 Newsletter
- » The newsletter features Mr. Charles Kairu, Senior Economist/Assistant Director in the Statistics Department at the National Treasury of Kenya, on Debt Statistics.
- Press Release - Public Sector Debt Statistics Regional Training
- Zanzibar Jun, 2015 » The IMF East AFRITAC and the East African Community organized a public sector debt statistics workshop in Zanzibar during June 8-19, 2015 with the participation of the World Bank and the African Development…
- AFE May 2015 Newsletter
- » This month's feature welcomes you to Like the AFE Facebook page for updates on our work and other useful resources.