Economist/Project Analyst Job Vacancy
Duties & Responsibilities: Under general supervision, the Economist/Project Analyst undertakes the following duties and responsibilities, working with the Coordinator and resident advisors:
* Provides supporting research for the RTAC advisors’ TA and training activities, and assists them with reporting responsibilities.
* Independently researches, collects and compiles information on RTAC members; maintains and updates quantitative and qualitative economic, financial or statistical databases.
* Assists the Coordinator in preparing and monitoring the implementation of the annual work plan preparing periodic reports for the Steering Committee. Assists with preparation of monthly newsletters.
* Works to strengthen donor coordination.
* Helps manage the Center’s databases, and uses statistical and/or econometric techniques to analyze datasets. Verifies and reviews databases for accuracy, reliability, coverage and current status. Analyzes economic time series data, defines data needs and requirements for use by the Coordinator and advisors. Produces charts, graphs, and tables.
* Contributes to development of the Center’s results based management framework, including working with advisors on their sectoral inputs. Works on implementing other recommendations from the mid-term evaluation of Phase III.
* Contributes to preparation of the Annual Report of the Center and to its Phase IV program document.
* Contributes to the preparation of the annual work plan through managing the process of TA needs assessment request to AFE member countries.
* Keeps abreast of developments with respect to IMF capacity development policies and surveillance/program work in member countries. Prepares country notes summarizing TA and other Fund activities.
* Participates in the preparation and possibly delivery of selected AFE workshops.
Performs other duties as required.